Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm going to where the weather suits my clothes

Here are four new girls, the other three are still under construction... I have also made them into postcard sets for my etsy shop...

This one is called, 'Lessons we haven't learnt yet'. I have always wanted to sail, and have a dream to sail around the little islands of Canada, whether it is possible I am not sure... and to be truthful I am probably too clumsy to sail?

This piece is called 'I'm going to where the weather suits my clothes'... she is my favorite one of the four. I love geese, especially after watching 'Fly away home'. I think they are very clever flying to where the weather suits their feathers.

The title of this piece is 'Saying the first thing thats in my heart' I wish I could do this...

The first time ever one of my girls has her mouth open... 'I know the stars that shine on me' I have a rotten voice and couldn't sing to save myself. But this girl can and it is all about knowing what you are good at or what you enjoy and doing it.


We were supposed to have the worst storm in a decade over the weekend, well my car decided to break down in the middle of it!!! Luckily for me by the time the storm made it to our east coast it had died down a little. I still got soaked waiting for the AA man to come and assess the damage, and my kind mother came to my rescue, and took us home as my car got towed away. We are due for another storm this evening, I do like a bit of moody weather (as long as I am not stuck in a broken down car)!!!


I have finally done myself a business card, I have had a few people asking whether I had one... so this is it.


As I finish these pieces of work I get worried, whether I will have any more ideas for another lot. Last night as I waited for sleep to come I could feel the little sensations of new ideas forming...

10 comments:

Shawn said...

Love them all! Of course the ideas come while waiting for sleep ... of course. Always.

I'm just back and trying, trying, trying to catch up.

Love the card!

nollyposh said...

Hi Katherine X:-) I just 'popped' over from "DeeDee's" bloggy and just had to say that l think your art is gorgeous X:-) ...I went to the north island of New Zealand when l was a child and have never forgotten the magic of Rotarua, the black sand that l discovered there and l still have a tiny bottle full of even tinier shells X:-) My mum has been to the south and says that it is magical... She says that there is little bits of the whole world there... MaGiC l'm certain X;-) Thankyou, Vicki x

nollyposh said...

(pS) Katherine X:-) I have just been on a lovely little journey through your past posts and l'm afraid l am now hopelessly addicted to your gorgeous little stories that go with your bEaUtIfUl art... Such beautiful aRt... wOw THAT's talent girl! ThankYOU x

Zom said...

Such sweet paintings. Thanks for visiting.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

I love that sensation of new art coming. I know it. Your girls are precious and I'm sure they still have lots of new things to tell for you to show.

tangled sky studio said...

The business card you created really captures the beauty of your work. I understand that anxious feeling....what next??? But that's the great thing about this community...the support and motivation that comes from sharing your work with others. I look forward to seeing what you'll be creating next!

Megan Chapman said...

Love the business card!
Very nicely done.
I am happy to have found your blog, thanks for stopping by mine.
I added yours to my blog roll.
I'll be back!

Leililaloo said...

Hi, i came across your blog trough the blog of tangled sky studio. And i am totally blown away by the beauty of your paintings. You create such sweet girls in such a beautiful world! The colours are very very beautiful aswel. I am glad i've found your blog, and will certainly keep up with your work and blog. Me too will add you to my blog rol in a few seconds...

Murray said...

Hi! I just linked over from somewhere (can't remember where!!) and I had to drop you a line to let you know how amazing your art is. I absolutely LOVE it!! Your 'girls' are beautiful and really come alive. Thank you for letting your creatively flow and sharing!!

Ester García said...

Qué encanto tienen....

Besitos, gracias por tu paso!