Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My five minutes of fame...

A picture of my art work ended up in a magazine!!!

A funny story... I found an article about this woman's art exhibition called WAX and wondering whether I should enter or not I sent the coordinator an email asking all about it and also sent her a pic of one of my works... she emailed me some info and an entry form.

Well months passed and I had received a few emails from her asking if I was still interested. I was but there was a $25 entry fee for each piece and I just hadn't got around to doing anything about it.

Then yesterday I got another email asking if I could please enter as she had sent some images of works to the Next magazine (a NZ lifestyle mag) as advertising to put into the calendar feature of their magazine. Mine was one of the images she sent... and guess what it was mine they picked for the magazine!!!

So I kind of felt I had to enter now, and she said since I was picked for the magazine I could have free entry... wow!!! So off to the picture framers I went with my famous piece of art work and a smile on my face enjoying my five minutes of fame.

I will let you know how I get on in the competition.

(my famous piece of work hee hee)

5 comments:

Anne Michelle Johal said...

very much congratulations and well done...how exciting is that....I will look for the mag today when I go shopping....can't wait to see what it looks like in real person time.....have a great day.

Shawn said...

That's awesome! You deserve it and many more 15 minuteses. LOL

Keep them coming ... I love those sisters.

tangled sky studio said...

katherine...that's all kinds of awesome!
congratulations and best of luck in the show...i would consider this a sign.

Unknown said...

well done - what a thrill that must be. I'm definitely going to check that one out in the shops. This is just the beginning.

Carine b said...

Bravo!!!!You really déserve it,I'm relly happy for you!!!And thank you for let me show a picture of your work,I certainly show it this weekend ,have a good day and see you soon!