Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Little Black Box promo


(I had so much fun putting together these samples)

Well I have finally got confirmation that my promos for the Black Boxes have arrived safe and sound... there was a while there where I didn't think they were going to make it.

Because I had decided to make 100 magnets and bookmarks for the samples, they were rather heavy once I had packaged them all together in their little box. I went to the post office and it was going to cost $68 to post the small box!... and ... I had to declare what was in the box and the very grumpy and unhelpful woman told me that magnets were not aloud to be posted... she suggested shipping them via boat, which will take a few months! I left taking the box home again, unposted and thinking all my work putting them together was wasted.

I then had a brain wave, if I posted 10 of the samples in 10 separate envelopes it would cost half the price and I wouldn't have to declare what was in them... Well that is what I did and now I feel like going to the post lady and saying poo to you!

You can have a look at my banner here at Little Black Boxes.

The Little Black Box is the perfect place for consumers to learn about our wonderful online retailers before purchasing. It's a handmade revolution! In past months we've had jewelry, bath and body, candles, bookmarks, keychains, buttons, magnets, luggage handle wraps, silk scarves, dog treats, stationery, photography, tissue cozies and much much more!

Put your product in our boxes and let the world know you exist! We feature everything handmade. No big box retailers here. Contact The Little Black Box for more info. GO INDIE!


(nice, good, sweet Ben)

This is my little Ben, he now has all his curls cut off and I think he looks naughtier without them. I feel curls make people look nice and good and sweet. All the people that see him now say 'Oh you chopped all his curls off'. I tell them that 'they will grow back, curls are like that'.

I took this photo to use his face to put with a super hero body for a t shirt for his Dad for father's day.

7 comments:

Shawn said...

what a doll! gorgeous eyes, and curls.

sorry for my absence ... i'm coming around. I think! miss you! and I miss these sisters.

tangled sky studio said...

i still don't understand what the black box promo is!!!
what i do know is that curls (and i have MANY) do grow back (but the naughtiness may stick around).
what a beautiful boy!
beth

Sleepandhersisters said...

Hey beth

I actually thought about you when I wrote about Bens curls...

The Black box thing is where you make a whole lot of samples, I made 100 magnets and bookmarks and put them into separate little plastic bags... then you send them to the black box lady, kim. She then sells the black (sometimes they are different colours) boxes to people (only in the US) and they get a box full of different samples from peoples etsy or online shops... then they hopefully buy things from your shop. It is purely a marketing thing you don't get paid or pay anything.

I will let you know how it goes...

MissKris said...

Ha! That shows the post grump

eeniemoni said...

what a beautiful boy!
good luck with the black box promo ;)

Moni
http://photographybymoni.etsy.com

Mannie of MannieMandible said...

Totally jealous you got into the little black box (: Congrats!

<3 Mannie
MVincent.etsy.com

Unknown said...

He is a sweetie. My 27 yr. old son had curls like that and everyone would talk to him as if he were a girl and he would get so mad! And even now his hair will grow into wild curls if he lets it. But he keeps it very short. Enjoy Ben's little curls while you can. Just cherish every day ( even if he isn't always nice and well behaved).