Monday, June 29, 2009

sweet sixteen...

(Hannah 4 years)

How did 16 come around so fast? It has really snuck up on me and I am not sure I am prepared. I guess it is too bad whether I am prepared or not it has happened and it is here. It is a funny age 16, I seem to go from happily watching her make her way into the world and then frantically trying to reel her back in again. And this yo yo-ing from one to the other can happen within minutes.

Hannah's 16 year old world is far different to the one I was living in 1987. The world is a much smaller place for her, so many more things are easier to access (good and bad) and life is way faster then when I was 16.

But I guess that constant underlying worry that's always at the back of my mind is probably the same my mother felt in 1987 and her mother in 1956.

This is the final piece for the second commission I have been working on. I am very excited also to be working on something else that I will reveal next week sometime, when they are finished.

I have been thinking of getting some uniform branding for when I send my work out to buyers. I think my biggest problem is that I keep changing my mind about what images to use, it is so frustrating! Anyway I think I have come up with something and will hopefully stick with it for longer then a week. I have also tried to get some moo mini cards but I can't seem to upload my images it keeps coming up with a 407 error? If anyone knows what that is about I will be glad to hear from you.

3 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Oh, your Hannah is so sweet at 4, I can only imagine the fine young woman she is growing into! The world is different, isn't it? Better in some ways, harder in others! Your artwork is gorgeous .. as always! :) Silke

tangled sky studio said...

happy birthday to your sweet girl....my how time flies!

lilylovekin said...

Happy birthday to Hannah, she was a cute 4 year old and I am sure a lovely 16 year old. I do not have children so I can't imagine the worry that a mother must feel. But then I also can't experience the joy that a mother must feel also. It must be good and bad at times.