Thursday, September 24, 2009

moving on...

(the passing of time)

I have just listed the above painting and a whole lot of other new prints and originals in my Etsy shop, it feels good to give the shop an update.

Well it is that time again... I will be away for the next two weeks on school holidays. Which I will be spending looking for somewhere to live, then packing and then moving. I will let you know how it all goes when I get back and settled into my new life.

You know I am actually quite proud of myself, proud of how I have dealt with all that has been going on and proud that I am doing ok with it all. I have learnt a few things about myself and the people around me.

I am working on a new princess piece at the moment that is based around the Princess and the pea story... she will be surrounded in reds, pinks, oranges, chocolate brown and maybe a hint of pea green. I am hoping to get a bit of time to finish her by the end of the holidays... will see?

I have a interesting weekend planned involving a sleepover, an alpaca convention, an etsy get together and a road trip. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will look forward to catching up in a few weeks.

11 comments:

ale said...

hola katherine!!! l wish you everything runs the best best for you...!!!take your time...we will be here!!!a big kiss for you!!!

tangled sky studio said...

best of luck in your search and i'll look forward to seeing that sweet princess....see you soon friend!

Sascalia said...

Hope you find somewhere to call home very soon. Wishing you lots of luck searching! Love your new painting, beautiful! x

Carine b said...

So,so sweet & so dreamy,bravo & have a good weekend!!

Оksana said...

Wow! So beautiful and fresh!!! Love it!

blueberries in the fields said...

good luck Katherine in your search. i hope youfind a cozy place to live in. love your new painting. as i ahave already said, love those sweet faces, absolutely adorable.
monique x

Mel said...

Hi Katherine - I came across your blog and had to say that you inspired me to pick up my brushes and have another go! I am a complete novice. I posted a wee thank you to you on my blog - thanks for awesome inspiration. Love your work

Patricia González Palacios said...

Beatiful work, greetings paty

paperbird said...

your art is so sweet best wishes to you.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Life has so many twists and turns and I am so proud of you for taking them as they come and looking for the good things that are sure to come your way. Your art is beautiful and will take you to places I'd bet you can't imagine and open up doors you didn't see before. So, keep believing in your beauty as a person and your talent as an artist and you will always be okay. Enjoy your time away and fill up the soul with more lovely thoughts and affirmations!

Silke Powers said...

Just checking in and hoping that everything continues to look up for you!! Did you find a wonderful new place to call your home? Moving can be so stressful - hope you are doing alright! Hugs, Silke