Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cousin Ivy...

(cousin Ivy has been invited to the Kings party)

Sorry, I have been out of the loop since Christmas... back to work for three weeks getting ready for the students to all arrive and also completely immersed in the Hello Soul, Hello Business sessions with Kelly Rae and Beth.  Completely amazing... really got me thinking about what I am doing, what my creative priorities are and where I want to go with them.  I know I didn't spend nearly enough time creating the sisters last year and it is something I want to do way more of this year.  I have ideas for them that are so much bigger than anything I would have dreamed when the idea of them first popped into my head.

They got us thinking about WHY we are doing what we do... this is something I have never really thought about before, it was always just something I felt the need to do.  So to really dig deep and realise WHY has been immensely valuable.  So this is my why... "because I want to give people something to believe in.  A heroine to identify with, find hope in, to gain strength and courage from" I might need to tweak it as the course goes on but that is basically it.

I have decided that this is going to be my year of knowledge... so I have also signed up for two more e-courses, but will tell you more about them when they start up.  


7 comments:

Susannah said...

Hello Ivy, I do hope you have a wonderful time at the Kings party!

Katherine I love this, and LOVE her name. I think it is about time I got Annabel to make the decision on which girl she would like on her wall, I don't know why all of this indecisive time I didn't think to ask her? :)

The Kelly Rae and Beth course sounds amazing, I do hope they offer it again later in the year. I like your 'why', it really resonated with me.
~Susannah

Nicola said...

Love the print on Ivy's dress and love those colours.

Unknown said...

Love Ivy's dress!

Karen

Micki Wilde said...

Sounds like you're going to be a busy lady!!

I love the colours in this latest girly, although I think I always say that about your girlies, you definately have a way with colours and pattern.

I love your reason as to why you do what you do.....sounds good to me :)

X

stacey yacula studio said...

I do love Ivy she looks so quiet. Like she is taking it all in and thinking about things.
Your "why" is so beautiful and it enhances your delightful girls even more.
See you in class!

WrightStuff said...

I do adore your sisters. They really are quite special. I think you're going to go a long way with these.

Mel @ Wildflower said...

Wow, that was a 'lightbulb moment' Katherine and so good that you were able to identify and put into words your reason for doing what you do - love it :)