Tuesday, December 1, 2009

the art market...

(The beautiful historic Ormlie Lodge)

(my table in the middle of setting up)

(Mum and Dad taking over near the end while I had a bit of a look around)

I wasn't quite sure what I was taking a photo of as it was so bright I couldn't see my camera screen so I just had to point and shoot... but the photos didn't come out too bad.

That was an experience I would want to do again... the day of the market was the hottest in a long time, even as we arrived to set up early in the morning we were already sweating in the heat. There were so many fantastic displays with wonderful products, good to see so much local talent in one spot. I think the organisers can chalk their first art market up as a huge success. I sold out of a few things and ran out of business cards... and since the market I have had a few phone calls from buyers wanting more.

I have another 'hope floats' painting nearly finished and will post that later in the week as well as an updated version of the one from the post before.

5 comments:

ale said...

hola katherine!!!how beautifull that place!!!!...why l live sooo far!!!!it could be a real pleasure to be there and by lots of your great lovelys!!!!!!the photos are just beautifull!!!!!besos enormes!!!!!!

tangled sky studio said...

wow, what an amazing setting! in the first photo i love the large board with all your girls...i thought it was one large painting (that would be cool...i have a thing for repeating patterns). hope all is well katherine.

beth

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

Gosh it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to come to NZ! And I'm so pleased it went so well for you. x

lilylovekin said...

What a beautiful place for an art show. I'm glad you did so well, that is always a nice thing.

erin carver said...

What a lovely post Katherine - your photos are gorgeous!! I wish I had got some better ones on the day too... it was such an amazing day wasn't it?! Your pics truly capture that. Hope to catch up again soon. x