Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy New year...


(Ben's police lego)

Hannah and I had great fun putting Ben's police lego together on Christmas Eve... and Ben had great fun playing with it on Christmas day.  I have many fond memories of playing with lego for days on end as a kid.  It is a lot more specalised now then when we were kids and I think like then I enjoy the constructing of it more then playing with the things we made, if that makes sense?

I have bought a new imac (I am in love, it's a dream to use, with a wireless keyboard and mouse and a 21.5 inch screen it truly is a thing of beauty) so anyway I will be able to post more often as I used to have to rely on my work computer and was governed by the hours I was there.  So I am excited about getting back into painting and posting again.  Although it is hard to get back into things when it is lovely and warm outside and there are so many things happening in the bay, concerts and films at the wineries, friends to catch up with and there are always things going on in town (I love it when the cruise ships come in and town fills with tourists, I really love that).

Anyway I have enjoyed the break from work (art) for the last few weeks and I think it was needed after the manicness of getting ready for the art markets in the last few months.  With the end of the year only a few days away I am thinking of my new years resolutions and what 2010 might hold for me, I do hope it will be a little less emotional and not such a roller coaster of a ride.

Thanks for all your support over the last year and I hope to catch up with you all in 2010.

x

1 comment:

Silke Powers said...

Oooo, it sounds like Christmas was good to all of you!! I'm glad you'll have more freedom for posting now from home. Wishing you all the best for 2010 and am looking forward to seeing more of you and your art through your blog! I'm so glad we met!! Hugs, Silke