Wednesday, November 4, 2009

somewhere only we know...

(somewhere only we know)

Well things are plodding along nicely in my new little world... the pendants were a good way to get the juices flowing again. I have been doing some new/old works for a few galleries this week and it feels good to have caught up with all that. I haven't really settled on anything new to get on with yet, ideas are still coming and going in my brain. I am waiting to find the right patterned paper to finish the princess and the pea green necklace painting, she is waiting patiently on the corner of my table. I have put the resin on all the pendants, they are looking really good, I can't decide which ones to keep for myself though? and getting things ready for the art markets this month is coming along nicely too. I found a huge old canvas that I have started a few times and have ditched a few times. I thought I might give it a go again, maybe third time lucky. I think that is about it on the art front so far...

(the two Ben's playing at the park)

My friend Sarah and I spent a few hours in the park on Saturday afternoon with our Ben's... they had so much fun running around exhausting themselves (and us, just watching them) time went so fast. It was really nice to be able to sit and chat about stuff and not have too much of the other stuff on my mind anymore (if that makes sense).

There have been many times when I have wanted to say a whole lot more then thanks to my family and friends (blog friends included) but words just don't seem to come out right... so when I say thanks I really mean I couldn't have done this without you and a whole lot of other things. A few people have said I have been so calm about everything that has happened. I really don't think I would have been so calm if it wasn't for the support I have been given. It is true, you really are able to tell your true friends in times of need, so thanks you guys....

4 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

sometimes it just takes time to work things through...knowing someone's there to listen can be enough support even if you never say things out loud...i get that.

stickytiki said...

Hi Katherine..you are doing really well!! Look forward to seeing you soon. x

Francesca Di Leo said...

Hi Katherine!
everytime I visit your blog I fall in love again with your work.. your girls are beautiful. I especially love 'who is the fairest of them all'. Just beautiful. In reading your blog sounds like you've had some 'changes' in your life... chin up, take refuge in your family, friends and art. It will sustain you and give you wings to fly even higher.. keep art-ing, it's beautiful.

Carine b said...

Always so poetic...your work is always a pleasure...have a good week,i think of you,big kisses to your children!!