Friday, November 13, 2009

space dinosaurs...

(new painting)

My things are all coming together nicely for the two art/craft markets I am involved with later this month. I love doing things like this... there is nothing more satisfying for me at the moment then sitting at my table making things (apart from playing space dinosaurs who drive bulldozers with Ben). When I start I find it really hard to stop and I am staying up really late at night pottering around.

I will take some pics of my pendants on their stand and the other things I have been working on and will post them here soon.

I have made the above painting into my new business card for the art markets...


I went for a walk for the first time around my new neighbourhood in the weekend, I have been putting this off and I think it is because I am feeling a little scared, well not scared but maybe a little wary of exploring my new world on my own... I can kind of understand how people find themselves stuck in the safety of their homes, not wanting to venture out. It would be easy to slip into that kind of thinking, but 7 years ago I was a confident, self reliant person so sure of myself and where I was in the world. I want to be that person again, that person and more, I think my self confidence has taken a blow, but I know I will be that self assured person I was again, soon.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love reading your heartfelt posts - who knows what adventures lay ahead - your business cards are divine...

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

Love those business cards! Hope you find lots of interesting things on your neighbourhood wanderings! :)x

Silke Powers said...

Dear Katherine, I think you are that person already - you are making a life for yourself and your family and you are sharing the process with us so courageously! If that doesn't say self confident, I don't know what will... :)

Your painting is beautiful and is a great choice for your business cards! I'm glad you are having fun with your art and getting ready for the fairs!!

Hugs, Silke