Tuesday, July 13, 2010

follow their hearts...


I have finally completed my etsy and felt shop updates, one of my main goals for the school holidays.  It actually takes a lot of work getting these up to date and then keeping them that way, scanning, writing descriptions, adjusting images, listing etc... But it feels really good to have them all up to date now.  Especially my felt shop... I had a few prints for sale but because of the layout of the site my images had their heads chopped off for several months.  Which is actually quite apt, during the early days of my girls development I read this interesting book about the lives of the virgin saints, stories of brave women who fought to follow their hearts and how they meet their fierce punishment with smiling grace rather then fear... along with being stabbed and burnt alive many of them were beheaded.

I have also been doing a bit of sorting out during the holidays and bought these two wooden boxes on sale for my buttons and ribbons... they have some silly pictures on them and I am planning to redecorate them.    But there is something stopping me from starting this project, I think I am scared of ruining them, or it could be indecision... I am not actually sure how to redecorate them, what to put on them, what I want them to look like.  I'm not sure how many times I have opened the button box and run my hand through them, lifting up a handful and then dropping them...  it is like a box of treasure, gold coins or jewels.  I am just hoping that in three years time my buttons and ribbons are not living in boxes that still have silly pictures on them.


7 comments:

Jenny said...

Doesn't it feel fabulous to complete those 'to do' lists...
Your treasure boxes of buttons sound wonderful...
Jenny

Jacqueline said...

Yipee and congratz on completing the to do list! It must feel great!! I really these pieces of gorgeous painting! Your boxes for your bottons and ribbons sounds amazing and i love the idea of redecorate. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

Mousy Brown said...

My post today is about help being brave and listening to your heart - seems like synchronicity accross the miles! :D

softearthart said...

It is always good to get the things done one was meant to do, A great feeling of satisfaction, cheers Marie

Kerri said...

can't wait to see the boxes- but no pressure or hurry in that! :)

Carola Zajdman said...

Great, your work is so great !!

Natalia Burgos said...

Hermosisimas !!!!!