Monday, May 23, 2011

strength and purpose...


(every now and then Ariadne likes to collect up all her wool and loose herself in the labyrinth)

I have got Ariadne's story pretty much sorted in my head, it is now just a matter of getting it out of my head and onto paper, although I am sure it will evolve and change as time goes on.  I have also been thinking about how the 7 characters will interact with each other, the movie '9' comes to mind, how each character has strength, spirit and a purpose and together they form a strong alliance against baddies... I like that.  

A few people at work have been calling them the '7 sisters'

Next post I am going to introduce a new sister... 

I have one or two names in mind for the next sisters but if anyone has other suggestions I would really appreciate hearing them  (thanks to all who left suggestions on facebook).  

7 comments:

Katie said...

I love her. And I love the movie "9". :) Can't wait to meet the next sister!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I think this one is my favorite. :) She seems a bit more dynamic and I love that. Will you make all 7 in one painting? You know like the poster for the upcoming movie. :))

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Melbourn said...

I just love her she is such a wonderful character. I especially like her ball of red wool. I can't wait to see where it takes her. Love it! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Asbolutely adore her. I cannot wait to see what/who else is on the way!

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

I'm so loving what you're doing at the moment! Gorgeous paintings and such lovely thinking behind them. xx

Anonymous said...

i love seeing how your work continues to evolve in new and interesting ways! you are so inspiring :)!