Thursday, May 21, 2009

Take time...

(take time to catch your breath and choose your moment)


Lately I have felt like I am sinking, drowning under all the things that are going on around me. Things I think I should be doing, making sure everyone is happy and the things that are out of my control (those things are really hard)... and then there have been some days that I am doing ok, I am treading the water of life and am pretty much on top of things. Then there are the moments where I feel I am being lifted right out of the water when everything in life slots together and my world is just... right.

The girl above is me at the moment, treading water. With my swimming cap on (if I should sink) and my wings ready to lift me out of the water for those little moments of joy in life that do come every so often. I am learning to take life one day at a time, to not plan too far ahead where other people (teenagers) are concerned. How I chose to live my life may not be the same for others.

I think when you have children it is like letting a part of your soul go walking in the world with a will all of it’s own.

7 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Gorgeous!! I love her swimming cap and wings - two things we should all have! I think no matter how well we plan, life has a way of taking off on it's own and surprising us...:) Silke

Brenda said...

She is beautiful. I can really relate to what you are saying - that is a bit how I am feeling at the moment. I was thinking maybe I am going through mid-life crisis!

Shawn said...

She is so stunning. I feel like her eyes are staring into my soul ... we're all treading water, aren't we? At least as mothers, for sure! Keep up the GREAT work ...

Carine b said...

Oh yes,there are so new girls here,they'are always so sweet & these one has got such eyes,beautiful & very expressive,bravo miss Katherine it's always a real pleasure to discover your girls...even if i'm not present those last days on the blog...have a good weekend & let's go!!

erin carver said...

Hi Katherine, I love this piece! She is just gorgeous (love her wings!) and I think it really speaks to all of us... so important to stop and catch your breath and 'take time'. What loveliness. Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog the other week, I am so thrilled that you found me and appreciate your comments greatly - this is all very new to me! I definitely think you should look into felt, I'm sure you would do fabulously on there. Congrats on having been selling on etsy for a year now, that is such a milestone and an inspiration to someone like me when I am just starting to dip my toes in the water. So thanks for inspiring and lovely to know you're here in the Hawke's Bay too. Hope you're keeping warm this weekend, winter seems to have arrived all too soon!

Erin x

lilylovekin said...

Beautiful. I wish I had the wings and swimming cap. I work very hard at staying in the "now". But it is a constant battle. Life wants to pull me to the past or especially the future where I have no control and I can waste alot of time. Thanks for this great post.

Dawn said...

wow - thank you for sharing the background info on how y ou feel connected to your piece - very lovely. I wish this was up for the giveaway now ;-)