Tuesday, May 15, 2012

something a little different...

I have been unhappy with my 'painting' style for a while now it leaves me feeling really unsatisfied and unfulfilled, the whole process has become mechanical and unfun.  In fact when I say paining it is a bit of a lie, they have become more collage than anything else.

After starting the Surface Pattern Design course it has really bought back my love of drawing.  I have been thinking lately of getting more drawing/illustration into my work and less collage.  So yesterday I played around with the idea of total drawing, the first one was from an idea I found on pinterest... I must say I had so much fun!!!  I made a lot of mistakes and some of them turned out to be happy accidents!  I am excited again!!!... and I can see something like these above might even be able to be used in a pattern design?  Maybe for a little girls night gown fabric or something?

6 comments:

glòria said...

Adorable!

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

How do you make the clouds so fluffy and cloudy?! Or is it a secret...

Love these two ~ still so you but can see how you're developing too. Yay for being reinspired!

xx

Nolwenn said...

It's hard when you feel unfulfilled in your art, I've been there (and it happens from time to time...).
Do what makes you happy.

I really love these two :)

Sleepandhersisters said...

Thanks for your lovely comments, there is no secret to my clouds Tara just a brush and some white paint...

Mel @ Wildflower said...

It's great watching/reading you gaining so much from your surface design and patterns learnings and the inspiration coming from it! Love these two :)

Ailora Blue said...

I did a search today, looking for 'how tos' and inspiration for making paper mache art. I found you blog this way.

I'm immediately inspired by your work! Your pieces evokes emotional responses from me. Sinking and floating, how befitting!

Thank you :)