Sunday, May 27, 2012

pattern mad...

Making patterns is like a bug and once you start it takes over and you can't stop!!!  but it is a fun addiction.  We have finished our first module and have a few weeks break till the next one.  If anyone  is interested in joining me for the next one click here!

here are some of my latest patterns...

{these ones above were inspired from a problem I have... forgetting to water my plants}

{and these are some birds that were inspired from the wrapped walnuts}

I went to Auckland last weekend with our design students to the Semi Permanent design conference... I was totally inspired by Kelli Anderson, she was an amazing speaker and I really like the way she thinks and approaches her work.

Here is a link to her TED talk where she talks about similar things to the talk she presented us.

and here is a picture I took outside the Auckland City Gallery... the blossoms were an amazing red, it almost hurt your eyes looking at them.

6 comments:

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

These patterns are incredible Katherine! They could so easily be fabrics, wrapping paper, accessories... and there's so much stuff out there that isn't even close to this gorgeous! Seriously dude, get them out there. You've discovered a real gift in yourself. (One of many!) xx

softearthart said...

I agree with Tara, the patterns are so cool, just loving the first one, you are a real artist Katerine, cheers Marie

Stella said...

I love your works!

erinrichardson said...

I am so drooling over your patterns!!

But aagh! my art is just maturing & things are happening with it, I don't need to go wandering down a different path right now. lol ;-)

Love your gorgeous blog, and the patterns....

Sandra van Doorn said...

they would make wonderful fabric! i hope that the idea?

Elizabeth Claire said...

I can see you are enjoying the surface pattern class. I can relate to you, it is addictive! I love your patterns, they are too cute!