Monday, September 8, 2008

Wow

I had such a good birthday... Friday night I went to a monthly dinner with a group of fellow artists, we are planning a trip to wellington next weekend to look at galleries and a bit of shopping.

Then Saturday morning Stuart and Ben made bacon and eggs for breakfast and I got to open some lovely presents. Including my copy of Kelly Rae's new book... "taking flight" a truely inspirational piece of work... (I can't believe it arrived on my birthday)!!!. Ben spent the whole morning singing different renditions of "Happy Birthday" in his new found loud voice.

Then I went out for coffee with a friend to the Te Mata cheese factory. After lunch Stuart and I went to a film festival movie called "Empties" was really lovely. Then we went out for tea on the Marine Parade to a Thai place. Yum yum yum!!!
After filling our bellies we went to a house warming up on the hill and stayed out really late and meet up with people from years ago...

On Sunday we went to Havelock to get the kids... Hannah, Mum, Dad and I went to the Pukeora Estate craft festival... I got some lovely jewellery and so did Mum and Hannah, Dad got some whiskey and some smelly cheese... We were all very happy.

So far I am enjoying being 37, it feels good and I feel happy about the way things are going in my life, I feel I am heading down the right path, where I am supposed to be.

I completed this piece last night, spring has certinaly come to Napier... we have blossoms everywhere and the sun is getting some of it's well known Hawke's Bay heat.



I remember the feeling spring brings with it's arrival... feelings of new beginnings and possibilities. And that is how I am feeling at the moment.

5 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

your birthday weekend sounds very grounding. the picture is like a breath of fresh air but it so odd to me to read your words since here it is the beginning of autumn and everything is getting ready fade away for the winter...

Carine b said...

Hello,at home it's nearly autumn and sometime i really feel "sad" when the weather is grey.Those girls are so beautiful,i can see that your 37 years really get you!!!Have a good week.

Anne Michelle Johal said...

What a brilliant weekend, and your girls faces have a lovely depth to them. Don't you just love the coming of spring with all the blossoms and the grass growing again.

Heather B. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Have a great 37th year!

Unknown said...

Glad you had such a lovely birthday. I love your spring painting. The backgrounds are looking very interesting. Can you send some of your good weather down to us. I think this rain is never going to stop!